Sunday, February 6, 2011

Eminem & Skam - Three Six Five



What’s up people today we have a track from Eminem and Skam from Eminem’s underground days in Detroit. The songs just like most hip-hop in the 90’s were centered on lyricism and how you came on a track.

Eminem went by Slim Shady back in these days and still had his same rhyme style and rhyme schemes in most of his songs. It seems that he manages to say the most outlandish things while at the same time staying lethal with his bars.

I have been listening to Eminem for a minute now and it wasn’t until I was a junior in high school did I finally discover his underground songs and freestyles that he had done before he hit the big time and got signed.

The Detroit hip-hop scene back in these days was really small and tight nit. But, the small size of its scene didn’t impact the quality of the music it produced. Eminem and Skam don’t waste any words in this song. Here is the first half of Eminem’s verse:

Yo know your spaced the fuck out like George Lucas/
When your pukus, turnin to yellow with orange mucus/
So when I grab a pencil and squeeze it between fingers/
I'm not a rapper, I'm a demon who speaks English/
Freak genuis, too extreme for the weak and squeamish/
Burn you alive till you screamin to be extinquished/
Cause when I drop the science, motherfuckers tell me to stop the violence/
Start a fire and block the hydrants/
I'm just a mean person, you never seen worse than/
So when Slim gets this M-16 burstin/
You gettin spun backwards like every word of obscene cursin/
Stoppin your short life when you still a teen virgin/
Unless you get a kidney speciman from a spleen surgeon/
In the best hospital possible for emergancy surgery/
To try to stop the blood from your rushin sternly eternally/

Now the second portion of Slim’s verse remains the coldest few bars I have heard in my entire life. And I have listened to countless songs but, none of them reach the level of lyricism and creativity that these few last bars in his verse demonstrate:

I'll take it back before we do each others name/
Run in a ultrasound and snatch you out your mothers frame/
I'll take it further back than that/
Back to lovers lane, to the night you were first thought of/
And Cock block your fathers game/

Now that is cold as hell nothing more to say and with that I leave you to listen to the song.

1 comment:

  1. Eminem is one of the most talented musicians out there (IMHO).

    ReplyDelete