Sunday, March 6, 2011

Black Moon "I Got Cha Open"




Now that you got this page open you can listen to this Black Moon song entitled, “I gotcha open.” This song is once again a classic hip hop tune from the genre’s golden age. I currently have this song on my cell phone as my alarm it seems to always start the day off good no matter how rough the previous night was.

The remix of the song which you are hearing now was not the version you would have heard if you bought their album. They had different verses and an entirely different instrumental on the album version of this song. The only thing to remain the same was the song title.

It is also one of the coolest music videos that I have seen a hip hop artist perform in. Since the video on YouTube doesn’t allow it to be embedded, due to the person who posted the video to YouTube, I have listed the URL link as follows so you can see the video and how cold it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP2mlvJkAPY

The lyrics are good but in my opinion they aren’t as complex as the most talented of emcees. But, this in no one can take away from Black Moon or the song. Rather the instrumental and the flow he uses and his voice cadence add a lot to the song. The trumpets and strings in the song make you feel like you are dreaming while you’re listening to the song and if you follow the above link the beginning is almost set up to emulate a dream sequence. Well I’ll leave you to listen to the song and I suggest you hit replay because the song gets better every time you hear it.

1 comment: