Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mary J. Blige ft. Smif n Wessun - I Love You (Remix)



Today I got another classic featuring Mary J. Blige and Smif N Wessun. This song is in my top 20 songs of all time hands down. It is a laid back love song of sorts that Mary does a great job on in terms of her vocals.

The remix which is the version you are hearing featured Smif N Wessun and if you don’t know who they are just type their name in Google and you should find out all about their work and the boot camp click. The instrumental is a perfect match for Mary and Smiff N Wessun. There is a heavy kicks and a lot of piano which was common amongst hip hop in the 90’s which artists should go back to now days.

Below I have shown you the second verse that Smif N Wessun spit:

Hip Hop, sets out in the park/
Blaze an L, raisin' hell till the day I dark/
Got me Reminiscing back like Mary J/
When I sit back and peep the game people play/
Too High to get over/
Cause I'm rollin' through life like a soldier/
Holdin' the weight of my fate on my shoulder/
Blazin' the trees,/
With my Duck Down family/
P-N-C-One L-O-V-E/

They only have two verses because Mary is singing the other. Their two verses are unique and similar to the style of back and forth rapping that Styles P and Jadakiss have mastered. I know I have almost mentioned this in all of my posts to this blog but God Damn why don’t artists keep making classics like this. There is nothing but positive comments on YouTube and hardly any dislikes. Whenever I ask someone to listen to the song they say they loved it.

I know the flavor and style that the 90’s brought to Hip Hop can never be duplicated but it can certainly be honored. So please if you are an emcee and stumble across this blog please take what I’ve just said into consideration. KEEP THE 90’S ALIVE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment